LOCATION: Indianapolis, Indiana (1034 E. New York St., Indianapolis, IN, 46202)
POSITION: Purchasing & Inventory Management Associate
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
MAIN FUNCTION: Responsible for managing the inventory levels of all raw materials, finished goods, containers, supplies, and other lab and production related items as well as the execution of all purchase orders for inventory replenishment. Inventory and Purchasing Associate ensures accuracy of inventory reporting, including management of cycle counts and full physical inventory counts at each branch location.
- Must maintain consistent contact with all branch supervisors as to supply and material needs. Must process those needs in terms of reorders on continuing basis.
- Must stay abreast of all purchasing prices and costs. Must continually audit costs to leverage buying power and work with vendors to achieve lower costing whenever possible.
- Is responsible for logistics of all incoming purchase orders.
- Process and manage any material returns to vendors. Work with the accounting department to ensure the proper return material credits are received.
- Implement and maintain a trustworthy min/max inventory system within the BME program.
- Complete inventory management in BME, including item key set up and maintenance; inventory transfers; and inventory disposition management.
- Ensure an updated TDS and SDS for all inventory is kept on file.
- Take the lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow moving inventory to help offset losses.
- Manage relationships with suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance in costing.
- Manage inventory on-hand counts and valuation through a strictly maintained cycle count and full physical count process. Work with management to investigate any variances in on-hand quantity versus physical quantity.
- Work with management on any material or vendor issues.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Proven experience in purchasing or relevant experience within Accessa.
- Knowledge of market research, data analysis, and purchasing best practices.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel.
- A sharp analytical mindset.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to Accessa facilities on a regular basis. Some overnight travel may be required.
- 3+ years in a similar role or qualified Accessa position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred though not required if work experience outweighs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven to ten hours per day. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to 60 pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
DISCLAIMER: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to capture or illustrate a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Paid vacation, holidays, and birthday day off
- Partially sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Partially sponsored short term and long term disability insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at: 1034 E. New York Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202